PrettySweetBoy

Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Wedding Banquet


My friends Zed and Nikki got married 17/06/07. It was a beautiful day and I felt so blessed to be able to share it with them on their special day. I had not been to a real wedding in ages. Through the ceremony I could not help think about marriage…vows and soul mates. Zed and Nikki had come such a long way and it was fate that brought them together. Weddings are such rites of passages. They are such optimistic events: the ultimate chick flick…love conquers all. Marriage is also a type of club...All those gifts? Pictures? Attention? Cake? Could be nice….I kind of understand why some people do want to get married.


Two lives becoming one. I have to admit I am always amazed when I hear people are getting married. I am in awe of that type of commitment. One person for life…one penis till death…the horror! I know many people say that marriage is only a piece of paper, but it still matters to everyone…including the gay men fighting for it. I am confident my friends will be together for a very long time….I hope they never forget their special day on Sunday …and the reasons why fate brought them together.


PrettySweetBoy


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home