PrettySweetBoy

Monday, August 17, 2009

You're Hired!

After waiting for two weeks, I got a call from the guy who interviewed me. He said I had interviewed well and they wanted to offer me the position. I tried to stay calm on the outside but I was freaking out on the inside. I actually was not expecting to get the position. But earlier in the day I had received a call from one of my referees who had given me a glowing reference.

Now came the hard part, negotiating both my salary and a start date. That was actually easy enough, I pretty much got my way on both. I start in a week. I’m excited but anxious. I actually do not like starting new jobs, a bit like starting new relationships. You have to prove yourself from the start. You have to impress everyone and you have six months of probation.

I figured they would not have given me the job if they did not think I could not do it. Besides, I had never gotten fired from a job before. I’m willing to put in the effort and work hard. The bad news is that I probably will not have so much time to blog. My current job allows me lots of free time.

PrettySweetBoy

4 Comments:

Blogger Shopaholic_Sinful said...

Congrats!! ini kerja yg mana nih? the bank ker?! whoaa....or was it the PM job?

congrats again!

August 17, 2009 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger PrettySweetBoy said...

PM job uoollsss ... The co's called me today to welcome me on board ... and to remind me to report for duty on Aug 24...

August 18, 2009 at 5:20 AM  
Blogger kuchai said...

congrats dear...ehh chopp PM stands for? ari nih ari buduh saya cik!

August 23, 2009 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger PrettySweetBoy said...

Project Manager , chek !!! Thanks BOO , today my 3rd day !!!!

August 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home