PrettySweetBoy

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Letting Go ...




Talking about the early years of Ricky Martin, here's my most favourite old songs of his called Private Emotion. It's so beautiful, so emotional.

I've heard the song more than a dozen times but this is the very first time that I see the music video, and although I don't really understand the video, I just love the creativity of it (and Ricky is wet and cute). Duetting with Meja, it's sort of telling a story backward about a couple from being frozen to when or how the fire is put out and started.

It's a private emotion that fills you tonight

And a silence falls between us

As the shadows steal the light

And wherever you may find it

Wherever it may lead

Let your private emotion come to me


After listening to the song carefully, it hits so close to me that we all have private emotions of one kind or another and it's the only thing we have to hold to in order to keep us safe. We have our private emotion to embrace because that's usually all we have left when everything and/or everyone has left us or betrayed us. However, when another right person come across our life, should we still indulge ourselves with our private emotion? Or maybe it's time to let it go...

PrettySweetBoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home