PrettySweetBoy

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dirty Moon ...


The GTA experienced a total eclipse of the moon on Feb. 20, 2008.

Photo by AARON LYNETT/TORONTO STAR, ADRIAN WYLD/THE CANADIAN PRESS

I just came back from work with my "DMG" where I observed the first half of the total lunar eclipse event. I’ve never really taken the time to observe eclipses like this where the Moon travels completely into the Earth’s umbra or shadow like I did tonight and in doing so, several thoughts crossed my mind.

Standing and watching this event occur was like watching paint dry, but with way more educational value :) The sky was so clear tonight, I took the time to also watch the rest of the night sky. The shadow that the Earth was casting, suddenly made the moon look dirty in my eyes… Did you watch the eclipse?

PrettySweetBoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home