PrettySweetBoy

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Friends. How many of us have them?

I’ve been thinking about friendships lately. How important they are and what friendship really means.

Most of us have childhood best friends, who we may have lost touch with over time. Some people come and go in and out of our lives so quickly, it’s hard to remember what brought you together in the first place. And, we all have acquaintances. Those are the people you are friendly to when you see them out and about somewhere, but don’t go out of your way to keep in touch with them.

That’s what has me thinking. The difference between acquaintances and friends. As I’m sure most people do, I have more acquaintances than I have friends. Let’s face it. It’s hard to stay in touch with all of the people we like. I mean, it’s a chore for me to talk on the phone. I honestly would rather send an email. But, somehow that’s not as fulfilling as a cozy phone conversation after weeks of phone tag or a night catching-up on each other’s lives over dinner and drinks.
Here’s the thing. I have true friends that I can count on less than one hand. There are a couple who will go above and beyond for me. I know it. And, there are a couple more who I consider good friends, but really, I know they’re not the definition of a true friend. People are selfish, as I am sometimes. They value their time, just as I do mine. Therefore, they’re only around when they want to be. And, I understand.

My husband is my best friend. I would rather be with him than anyone else on the face of this earth, next to my family of course. Combined, they are undoubtedly what keeps my faith, dreams and heart alive.

And, to the few of you who are my true friends, I love you. I would do anything for you at anytime. There are no ifs, ands or buts. Just like I know, you know too.

Find your true friends. All you need are a few :)

PrettySweetBoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home