PrettySweetBoy

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Time for the red carpet ...

Finally it's the time of the year again!You can't even believe how much I'm looking forward to Oscar night.

The Oscars are on tonight. I have watched this show as far back as I can remember. I love to see the red carpet and all the hoopla. I really don't know why I like it so much, I am not one who is big on getting all dressed up. And I have only watched one of the movies nominated for best picture. So I guess I will be cheering for Juno and munching on some M & M chocolates tonight.

OK, to-nite is the big night so here are my Oscar predictions in the "Big 8″ categories. For each I will give you who I think will win followed by who I think should win in each category.

Best Picture: will win: "No Country for Old Men;" should win: "Juno"

Best Actor: will win: Daniel Day-Lewis for "There Will Be Blood;" should win: Tommy Lee Jones for "In the Valley of Elah"

Best Actress: will win: Julie Christie for "Away From Her;" should win: Christie

Best Supporting Actor: will win: Javier Bardem for "No Country for Old Men;" should win: Tom Wilkinson for "Michael Clayton."

Best Supporting Actress: will win: Tilda Swinton for "Michael Clayton;" should win: Swinton

Best Director: will win: Joel & Ethan Coen for "No Country for Old Men;" should win: Tony Gilroy for "Michael Clayton"

Best Original Screenplay: will win: Diablo Cody for "Juno;" should win: Cody

Best Adapted Screenplay: will win: Joel & Ethan Coen for "No Country for Old Men;" should win: Sarah Polley for "Away From Her."

Yes, I am partial toward three movies on this list: "Juno," "Michael Clayton" and "Away From Her" but they truly were three of the best films of 2007 and I'd love to see them rewarded. We'll see. Anyway, that's my two cents.

PrettySweetBoy

1 Comments:

Blogger kuchai said...

i so luv the songs from enchanted abaden lagu lain yg menang huhuhuhuh

February 26, 2008 at 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home