PrettySweetBoy

Saturday, August 2, 2008

An afternoon with Meryl and Pierce

I’ve just seen Mamma Mia and it was spectacularly naff but I loved it in all its sparkly abba goodness. As one friend said, the movie was middle aged but there-in lies it charm. Meryl Streep was fantastic and my goodness is that lady flexible. I guess we all secretly knew Pierce couldn’t sing but you felt like he really did try and I’m pleased there was no stunt voice. I think he’d do well in a karaoke contest.

There was barely anything which passed for a story but there were enough swedish numbers decked out with ridiculous choreography and more glitter than we saw in the 80s. I’m sure half those beach numbers were simply there to up the quota of nake male bronzed torsos.
Admittedly I went to a saturday afternoon screening but I was really surprised to see the numbers of kids there. There was no bad language and naked buttocks was as risque as it got visually but there was a lot of adult humour.

PrettySweetBoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home