PrettySweetBoy

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Gambling on Love


I spent an afternoon with the most important person in my life: ME. I realised that for about three weeks, I have not really been alone. I have not had any “me” time. With a busy working schedule and the immigration process period…I had neglected myself..and my time. I go into my room. Or I go to a park. I find an isolated corner and spend time with myself.Many people fear being alone…or doing things on their own. I only hate eating alone in restaurants. You get pity looks! But I love travelling alone…getting the weekend paper and drinking a coffee…going for a jog….not having to talk…to care or pay attention. I have realised how I need to make "me" time a top priority.My grandmother always says that you are never truly alone. You always have God and yourself. And it is true…at least the part about having yourself. I’m not being selfish…but you alone know yourself best. You’ve been there through the good and through the bad. You were there when you were born…and you will be there when you die. So be good to yourself…and spend some quality time getting to know the most important relationship you’ll ever have.I spent a lot of time in my room and quickly learned pokies... Later , I wondered about my own gambling…not gambling on luck or numbers but gambling on love. I asked my friend if he thought of love as a gamble.“Love is an educated guess,” he said.I, on the other hand think with my emotions. To me love is a huge gamble..you jump into the deep end and either sink or swim. You gamble your heart..risking heartbreak but hoping that you will win the ultimate jackpot: true love. And like the pokies sometimes you loose everything but the only way to get love is to play the game.I realised I was already pretty lucky…to have such a wonderful man to play the game..the life game.And I've found someone that loves the you..that you love…then as Carrie Bradshaw says..that’s fabulous.

PrettySweetBoy

2 Comments:

Blogger Shopaholic_Sinful said...

i do agree that love is a gambling series.. if you win, you hit the jackpot, if you lost, you'll ended up choking and feeling down.

July 8, 2007 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger kuchai said...

ahahhahah so am no weirdo than. i can never eat alone in public big no..no. like the whole world staring at me. i'd rather tapau n eat in the car or i can walk n eat ehehhehhe

July 10, 2007 at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home