PrettySweetBoy

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It’s Official: I’m Official!

So the day we’ve been waiting 14 months for finally arrived: as of today, February 10, 2009… I am an official Permanent Resident of Canada! Today was the actual day I went in to the Canada Immigration office to be granted the official status.

I know there was no reason to be nervous, but my stomach was doing flip flops all morning. I kept worrying that I would forget some important piece of ID, or the photos I had to have done wouldn’t be perfectly to spec… I was just worrying that SOMETHING silly would go wrong and they’d reject me. It all went off without a hitch, of course, there was just a lot of waiting.

We drove down to Canada Immigration Office and we walked to the government building where we waited for about an hour for my name to be called. We spent more time waiting than the actual “interview” took - I basically went into this tiny room to sign papers and that was it. The woman asked me a couple of simple questions, but they were all things that were listed on the document in front of me anyway, lol. I signed everything and she gave me my copy of the paperwork; this piece of paper I will guard with my life, as it is not only a temporary placeholder for the actual Permanent Resident card that I will receive in the mail in a few weeks, but also something I will need to keep for future dealings with the immigration office. I am legally a permanent resident now.

So ya, it’s been an exciting day! We going to a restaurant called Kelsey tonite to celebrate ...

Pretty SweetBoy

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on receiving your PR!

How about sharing your success story with thousands of others who are in the immigration process? LoonLounge is an online Canadian immigration and Settlement community. THe members would love to hear about your accomplishment!

Check out www.loonlounge.com

February 11, 2009 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger kuchai said...

congrats dear!! i know it has not been a smooth ride but end of the day its so worth it. waahhh panjang la langkah org tuu lepas nih? or was it to balik mesia for a gud break kaahh?

February 15, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home